CompostIt's What the Earth Does
24 pounds of food scraps enter Central Florida landfills every second. Together we can make change by simply diverting that "waste" and do what civilizations have been doing for centuries: making compost.
Residential Food Scrap Pickup Service
Blue Carbon Compost offers a simple compost service at home. We inspire, educate, and empower you to repurpose your food scraps instead of sending them to the landfill.
Commercial Food Scrap Pickup Service
Blue Carbon Compost can help your business reduce the amount of food it sends to the landfill.
What is Composting?
Composting is the managed decomposition of organic materials returned to humus form in a controlled aerobic process.
What is Compost?
To put it in the simplest terms, compost is a soil amendment. It’s structure is very similar to soil, being a dark, crumbly, and earthy smelling dirt like material. But it ain’t dirt. Good compost is high in organic matter content, teeming with microbes that are ready to serve the earth. Compost is biologically active and loaded with micro and macro nutrients.
- Composting reduces waste, makes us less dependent on landfills, and decreases greenhouse gas emissions.
- Compost strengthens soil and promotes healthy plant growth.
- Compost closes the food waste loop and keeps the value of recycling food and it’s resources in the community.
- Compost reduces the need for synthetic chemical fertilizers.
- Compost benefits decentralization and a circular economy instead of our current take, make, and waste linear economy.